Here’s a list of non-lame, homemade valentine’s day gifts for him that I came up with. I hate giving my husband gifts for Valentine’s Day because either I spend a lot of money or give him a card. And our anniversary, birthday, and Christmas.
If you prefer to buy him a non-cheesy Valentine’s Day gift, I have a guide for that too. Also be sure to check out my cupcake heart picks and my heart pockets if you need a simple DIY Valentines day gifts for him some simple DIY gifts to make for boyfriend or your husband.
Why I Love These DIY Valentine’s Day Gifts For Your Man
Valentine’s Day is a special occasion to show your loved one just how much they mean to you. While store-bought gifts can be nice, there’s something extra special about a homemade gift that is personalized and thoughtful.
DIY homemade gifts for him not only show your creativity and effort, but they also allow you to tailor the gift specifically to your partner’s interests, and preferences. And especially for V-Day (when it’s so difficult to buy something for him), a homemade gift shines.
Whether you’re looking for a sentimental gift, a creative DIY project, or something edible for the foodie in your life, there are plenty of options to choose from.
Why not give him 14 Valentines instead of just one?
Other Personalized Gift Ideas
If you aren’t the crafty type, you can still give a sentimental gift. Here’s a list of simple gifts that almost anyone can make.
- The gift of your time, like a massage, “all-day pass” of events he likes (such as watching a television show only he likes), or doing something that he loves (but you, not so much).
- A simple photo album filled with cherished memories. Gather your favorite pictures of the two of you together and create a beautiful collage. You can also add captions or handwritten notes next to each photo to make it even more personal.
- A custom mugs with inside jokes. You can use a sharpie or paint pens to create your design, and then bake the mug in the oven to set the design. This will ensure that it is dishwasher safe and will last for years to come.
- Engraved jewelry with a special message.
- Scrapbooks are a great way to showcase your favorite memories together. Gather photos, ticket stubs, and other mementos from your relationship and create a beautiful scrapbook. You can add captions or handwritten notes next to each item to make it even more personal.
- If you’re skilled at knitting or crocheting, consider making a handmade scarf for your partner. Choose his favorite colors or patterns and create a cozy scarf that he can wear all winter long. You can also add small details such as fringe or buttons to make it even more unique.
- Homemade chocolates are a classic edible gift that is sure to impress. You can make a variety of flavors and shapes, and even customize them with fillings or toppings that your partner loves. Package them in a beautiful box or tin and add a personalized note or ribbon to make it extra special.
- Baked goods are another great option for an edible gift. Whether it’s cookies, brownies, or a homemade cake, your partner is sure to appreciate the time and effort you put into making something from scratch. Consider adding special ingredients such as his favorite nuts or chocolate chips to make it even more personalized.
- If your partner enjoys cooking or experimenting in the kitchen, consider making infused oils or spices. You can infuse olive oil with herbs such as rosemary or basil, or create custom spice blends that he can use in his favorite recipes. Package them in beautiful bottles or jars and add custom labels or tags.
- A custom phone case is a great way to personalize a gift for your tech-savvy partner. You can choose a design or photo that is meaningful to your relationship and have it printed on a phone case. There are many online services that offer custom phone case printing, or you can try DIY methods such as decoupage or painting.
- For a personalized laptop sleeve, consider using fabric or leather and adding custom embroidery or monogramming. You can choose his favorite colors or patterns and create a sleeve that is both stylish and functional. This gift will not only protect his laptop but also show off his personality.
- If your partner wears a smartwatch, consider making a personalized band for him. You can use fabric, leather, or even paracord to create a band that reflects his style and interests. Add small details such as beads or charms to make it even more unique.
Gift Basket for Him
Here’s something not quite so homemade (everything appears to be store-bought), but it is quite nice.